Emergency lighting testing involves the periodic test and inspection of all key components within the emergency lighting system.
This includes a functionality test of all key switches, batteries, light fittings and control equipment
The following minimum inspections and tests shall be carried out at the intervals recommended below.
Monthly emergency lighting tests
All emergency lighting systems must be tested monthly. The test is a short functional test in accordance with BS 5266-1: 2011
The period of simulated failure should be sufficient for the purpose of this test whilst minimising damage to the system components e.g. lamps. During this period, all luminaires and signs shall be checked to ensure that they are present, clean and functioning correctly. A record of the test must be recorded in the emergency lighting log book.
Daily emergency lighting inspection (only for central backup systems)
This check only applies to emergency lighting systems with one central backup battery system / emergency generator. In this case there is a daily visual inspection of indicators on the central power supply to identify that the system is in a ready condition. No test of operation is required.
A test for the full rated duration of the emergency lights (e.g. 3 hours) must be carried out. The emergency lights must still be working at the end of this test. The result must be recorded and if failures are detected, these must be remedied as soon as possible.
– Our emergency lighting testing services are only carried out by our highly skilled and fully trained testing engineers.
– Minimal disruption caused to the running of your business
– Regular maintenance and testing saves you money by cutting the possibility of unplanned repairs.
– Fully compliant with Health & Safety Regulations and BS5266-1: Code of practice for the emergency escape lighting of premises.
Why Use Falcon For Emergency Lighting Testing?
– All reports are provided electronically and usually available within 24 hours of the testing being completed.
– Fully typed industry leading Amtech Certification (no messy hand written reports).
– Free pre-testing site survey to minimise disruption.
– Competitive Pricing & Free Quotations £££££
– We will beat or match any like for like quotation for the same level of service (Guaranteed).
– We offer a full emergency lighting repair and remedial works service with our directly employed engineers.
– Personal one to one service and reminder service for future inspections.
– Free technical support and advice before, during and after the work is completed.
– Fully qualified and accredited electrical testing engineers.
– We are centrally geographically based and we cover all area
– We can offer a bespoke service tailored to suit you and your business requirements.
Request a Callback
We provide a comprehensive range of electrical services to numerous clients across a wide variety of sectors.
Glenbervie Business Park