Fixed wire testing often referred to as hard wire testing is the inspection and testing of the circuits contained within the fabric of your building. The socket outlets, lighting circuits and various others. This was commonly known as Periodic Inspection & Testing, however since January 2012 it is now called an EICR – Electrical Installation Condition Report.
Falcon can offer you a frequent fixed wire testing service ensuring that you are always compliant with important Health & Safety regulations. Our engineers carry out these tests using the latest electrical test instruments and all reports are downloaded using industry leading testing software.
When all test are completed you will receive a full report on the condition of your installation, together with all test results and remedial actions required (often including photographic evidence) and all associated costs for any necessary remedial works should this be required.
– Regular testing can prevent future problems with your wiring and greatly reduce the risk of electrical fire and serious injury to the users of the installation.
– Suitable for industrial, commercial and domestic properties.
– Fully compliant with Health & Safety Regulations with an Electrical Inspection Condition Report provided for your records.
Why Use Falcon For Electrical Installation Work?
– All reports are provided electronically and usually available within 24 hours of the testing being completed.
– Fully Typed Industry leading Amtech Certification (no messy hand written reports).
– Free pre-testing site survey to minimise disruption.
– Competitive Pricing & Free Quotations £££££
– We will beat or match any like for like quotation for the same level of service, guaranteed.
– We offer a full repair and remedial works service with our directly employed engineers.
– Personal one to one service and reminder service for future inspections.
– Free technical support and advice before, during and after the work is completed.
– Fully qualified and accredited electrical testing engineers.
– We are centrally geographically based and we cover all areas.
– We can offer a bespoke service tailored to suit you and your business requirement.
The frequency of periodic inspection and testing must be determined taking into account:
– the type of installation
– its use and operation
– the frequency and quality of maintenance
– the external influences to which it is subjected
The table below provides guidance on the frequency of formal inspections of electrical installations as well as routine checks.
Type of Installation
Maximum period between inspections and testing as necessary
|Domestic||N/A||change of occupancy/10 years|
|Commercial||1 year||change of occupancy/5 years|
|Educational establishments||6 months||5 years|
|Hospitals||1 year||5 years|
|Industrial||1 year||3 years|
|Residential accommodation||at change of occupancy/ 1 year||5 years|
|Offices||1 year||5 years|
|Shops||1 year||5 years|
|Buildings open to the public|
|Cinemas||1 year||1-3 years|
|Church installations||1 year||5 years|
|Leisure complexes||4 months||3 years|
|Places of public entertainment||1 year||1 year|
|Restaurants and hotels||1 year||5 years|
|Theatres||1 year||3 years|
|Public houses||1 year||5 years|
|Village halls/Community centres||1 year||5 years|
|Agricultural and horticultural||1 year||3 years|
|Swimming pools||4 months||1 year|
|Caravan parks||6 months||1 year|
|Highway power supplies||as convenient||6 years|
|Marinas||4 months||1 year|
|Fish farms||4 months||1 year|
|Emergency lighting||daily/monthly||3 years|
|Fire alarms||daily/weekly/monthly||1 year|
|Laundrettes||1 month||1 year|
|Petrol filling stations||1 year||1 year|
|Construction site installations||3 months||3 months|
Get in touch with us to apply for data cabling and network installation services.
We provide a comprehensive range of electrical services.